If you want to use IP camera apps with Microsoft Teams or Skype, this article will show you how to set it up. Suppose you have a desktop computer but it doesn’t have a webcam. If you need to make a video call through Microsoft Teams or Skype, what do you do?
The most affordable way is to use an IP camera app so that you can use an Android phone as a webcam. An IP camera, or IP camera, is a type of digital video camera that receives control data and sends image data over an IP network. If you are setting up an IP camera app for the very first time, you might need to take specific steps to start using it with your video calling app.
Before you start, you should know that-
- You have used the DroidCam app on Android and Windows 10. However, you can use any app by following the same steps.
- You must configure the DroidCam or any other application before starting Microsoft Teams or Skype.
- You only need to follow these steps when you have multiple webcam applications on hardware connected to your PC.
How to use IP camera apps with Microsoft Teams
To use IP camera apps with Microsoft Teams, follow these steps:
- Open the Microsoft Teams app on your PC.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Select the Settings option.
- Switch to the Devices tongue.
- Head to the Camera section.
- Expand the drop-down list to select DroidCam.
Let’s take a look at the detailed version of these steps.
To get started, open the Microsoft Teams app on your PC and click on your profile picture visible in the title bar. Then select the Settings option from the list.
It opens the Settings panel on your screens. You must spend from General tab to Devices tab and head to the Camera section.
Now expand the drop-down list and select DroidCam (DroidCam Source 2, DroidCam Source 3).
After that, you can also check the preview.
How to use IP camera apps with Skype
To use IP camera apps with Skype, follow these steps:
- Open the Skype app on your computer.
- Click on the three-dot icon.
- Select the Settings from the list.
- Go to Audio video tongue.
- Develop Camera drop-down list to select DroidCam.
Read on to learn more about these steps.
First, open the Skype app on your computer and click on the three dots icon visible next to your profile picture. From there, select the Settings option.
Then proceed to Audio video tab of the Account Profile tongue. From here you can select the audio and video source. As you are about to change the webcam source, expand the Camera drop-down list and choose DroidCam Source 2 Where DroidCam Source 3.
After that it is also possible to check the preview.
That’s all! From now on, you can use any IP camera as a webcam with Microsoft Teams or Skype.