Last week Apple released iOS 16.0.2 for the iPhone, this was a major update that fixed a number of devices including the new iPhone 14 handsets.
The update may have also included performance improvements along with several bug fixes and now we can know if there are any changes in battery life on the new update.
The video below from iAppleBytes tests the new iOS 16.0.2 software update on the iPhone SE 202, iPhone 8, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 .
As we can see from the video, some devices saw some minor battery life improvements and some didn’t, so it looks like there haven’t been any major improvements overall.
If you have not installed this update on your iPhone, it is recommended that you install it as it fixes some important bugs.
You can install the iOS 16.0.2 software update by going to Settings > General Software Update on your device.
Here are the release notes for this software update:
This update provides bug fixes and important security updates for your iPhone, including:
- Camera may shake and cause blurry photos when shooting with certain third-party apps on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Display may appear completely black when setting up the device
- Copying and pasting between apps may cause a permission prompt to appear more often than intended
- VoiceOver may be unavailable after restart
- Fixes an issue where touch input was unresponsive on some iPhone X, iPhone XR, and iPhone 11 is displayed after the interview
Image source and credit: iAppleBytes
Filed Under: Apple, Apple iPhone
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you purchase something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.