Camera online

Mercedes Javid Opens Up About Shahs of Sunset Cancellation and Mike Shouhed’s Arrest

Mercedes Javid tackles two major bombs from the “Shahs of Sunset” universe.

The reality star appeared on Jeff Lewis’ Sirius XM show on Monday, where she apparently confirmed she was “in talks” with Bravo for another project after the show’s cancellation news broke. – before defending former co-star Mike Shouhed amid his recent domestic violence arrest.

When asked by Lewis, 52, if she was blindsided by the news of the cancellation, Javid, 49, replied: ‘You know Bravo…they’re not going to mess with you’, implying that she had been warned.

“A few of us got a good phone call that actually wasn’t bad news,” she added.

Javid played coy when talking about the status of the process for a rumored spinoff, but said she was in “talks” or “maybe more” with Bravo.

“I hope and pray that being here today doesn’t jeopardize anything in my future,” she said with a laugh, before teasing, “Maybe I look good because I try to stay ready for [the] camera.”

Several sources previously told Page Six that Bravo is in the early stages of a new project that would feature some of the OG cast, including Javid, Reza Farahan and Golnesa “GG” Gharachedaghi.

Javid said she imagined the network would focus on the “people who bring it,” but was reluctant to name Shouhed, who was arrested for domestic violence on March 27.

Page Six reported on April 4 that the LASD charged the realtor with bodily harm to a spouse or cohabitant, which is a felony. His alleged victim was not named, but we were told the person had a “visible injury”.

Javid and Lewis agreed that people are “innocent until proven guilty”.

“I’ve never, ever, ever seen him violent and I’ve never seen him angry,” the ‘Shahs’ alum explained. “I was shocked because I think unless I’m literally in the room, witnessing this, I’m with you: ‘innocent until proven guilty’.”

Javid also speculated that someone had “totally” created Shouhed and claimed to have heard from the “vignette” that Shouhed’s fiancée, Paulina Ben-Cohen, was not involved but rather a “third person”.

“That’s what I heard. That it wasn’t Paulina,” Bravolebrity said, before alleging that Shouhed, 43, and Ben-Cohen may have had a “threesome.”

Mike Shouhed and Paulina Ben-Cohen posing together.Ben-Cohen did not comment on Shouhed’s arrest.NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images

“I’m bringing Mike the tea right now… with my speculations,” Javid added. “[I think] it was just a saturday night gone wrong.

Shouhed’s attorney, Alex Kessel, previously told Page Six that his client denies all of the allegations against him.