In addition to launching its new Nikon Z9 mirrorless camera and a new telephoto zoom lens this week, Nikon also launched 2 new applications in the form of NX MobileAir for phones and NX Tether software for computers. The new Nikon NX MobileAir app has been designed to allow your smartphone to upload images taken with Nikon digital cameras to an FTP server without using a computer, and will be available from November 24, 2021.
The NX Tether app provides a method for photographers to connect their camera to their laptop or computer for tethered shooting with Nikon digital cameras. Enabling camera settings adjustment on the computer and remote shooting support will be available for free download from November 4, 2021.
Features of the Nikon NX MobileAir app
Cameras supported by the NX MobileAir app: Android: Z9, Z 7II, Z 6II, Z 50, D6, D5: iOS: Z9
- Workflow efficiency is increased with automatic import of captured images to smart device, automatic connection of IPTC metadata information when importing images, automatic upload to pre-registered FTP server and shooting Support a convenient auto-straightening function when automatically uploading images.
- Ability to import only protected images from the camera to a smart device and upload them to an FTP server.
- Images imported into the application can be manually selected for upload to an FTP server.
- There is no limit to the number of albums that can be created and the maximum number of images that can be stored in each album.
- Reliable and high-speed image importation is possible via a wired USB connection without any adjustment on the camera side.
- Voice memos can be imported simultaneously with the image on the smart device. The IPTC metadata information can be edited while playing the voice memo.
- IPTC metadata information can be added manually, voice memos can be entered for each IPTC metadata item, and images can be viewed and edited in the app.
- Support uploading images captured with smart device or cameras from other brands to an FTP server.
- Includes effective settings to prevent operational errors, such as locking the screen during operation, as well as a resend function in case of import error.
- IPTC metadata and FTP upload settings can be set for individual albums
Features of Nikon NX Tether software
The new Nikon NX Tether software is supported by the Nikon Z9, Z 7II, Z 6II, Z 7, Z 6, Z 5, Z fc, Z 50, D6, D780 and is available on Windows and Mac.
- All functions can be used free of charge.
- High operability achieved through a user interface that presents a simple and consolidated layout for the basic functions required for connected shooting
- Features the same operation icons as those used in Nikon digital camera interfaces, supporting intuitive operation.
- The control panel can be minimized, allowing images to be viewed with less distraction.
- Supports a function that alerts users of transmission errors through sound and display.
- Works not only with NX Studio, but also in conjunction with software such as Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Capture One.
Filed Under: Camera News
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets can earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.