Recently, Snapchat collaborated with e-commerce giant amazon to provide users with augmented reality (AR) in which customers will be able to try on eyewear styles from a wide range of popular brands.
Delhi: E-shopping is the new shopping trend. It’s easier, hassle-free and takes less time. Every day, technological advancements are blasting through the rough. Even when shopping online, people can now virtually try on glasses, etc., to see what it will look like. Recently, Snapchat collaborated with e-commerce giant amazon to provide users with augmented reality (AR) in which customers will be able to try on eyewear styles from a wide range of popular brands.
This new collaboration between Amazon Fashion and the instant sharing app will feature virtual try-on products from Persol, Maui Jim, Oakley, Ray-Ban, Costa Del Mar and others that have been made available to the 363 million daily active users of Snap, as per the e-commerce giant.
HOW TO TRY AMAZON EYEWEAR ON SNAPCHAT?
- To build the AR shopping experience on Snapchat, the e-commerce company used Snap’s self-service builder in Lens Web Builder.
- This enables the creation of AR assets using Amazon’s existing 3D models.
- Snapchat users can easily access the new Amazon AR shopping feature by finding the new lenses on the @amazonfashion public profile via Snapchat’s lens explorer
- The new “dress up tab” and via Snap’s camera lens carousel as well.
- After discovering the pair of glasses they like, users can tap a link at the bottom of the screen to make a purchase.
- It will direct them to the Amazon app on their handset to check.
SNAPCHAT’S COLLABORATION WITH AMAZON
The launch of the new eyewear collection will include new shopping lenses available in categories such as seasonal eyewear, sunglasses and reading glasses.
The collaboration comes after Snapchat’s ongoing investments in AR shopping, where social media has brought it a number of upgrades to attract brands and retailers. This includes the ability to update product and price information in real time, access better analytics, and simply create AR shopping goals, among other offerings.
Other products that are now part of Snap’s AR shopping lenses include MAC Cosmetics, Ultra Beauty, American Eagle, Puma, Chanel, Walmart, LVMH, Goodr eyewear brands and Zenni Optical.
Instant messaging platform Snapchat allows users to digitally wear special Halloween outfits heavily inspired by current popular shows and movies that have helped shape pop culture references.